Have you been looking for a new recipe that combines your family’s favourite ingredients with something new? Then your search ends here! Chef Manish Mehrotra shares his special recipe for Almond Pesto and Paneer Tikka, which will have your family eating out of your palms! Don’t believe us? Try it! What’s more? The almonds add a touch of nuttiness and flavour, along with providing essential nutrients.
Almond Pesto & Paneer Tikka
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For The Paneer
250 gm paneer
¼ cup almond flakes
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
8-10 basil leaves
2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped green chilli 1 tsp
Salt to taste
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
½ tsp chaat masala
For The Marination
½ cup fresh cream
½ tsp chopped fresh coriander roots
A pinch green cardamom powder
A pinch turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp refined oil
- Roast the almond flakes in preheated oven at 180âÂ° C for four minutes. Allow it to cool and then crush it to powder form.
- Blend the fresh basil, coriander leaves, chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, chaat masala and salt to coarse pesto paste, which we will use as the stuffing for the paneer.
- In a bowl take out blended mix and add grated parmesan cheese, crushed almonds and mix it well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the fresh cream, chopped fresh coriander roots, green cardamom powder and a pinch of turmeric powder to get a pale yellow marinate. Adjust the seasoning with salt.
- Cut the paneer into 2-inch pieces with a 1 inch thickmess. Slit the paneer pieces from centre to fill it with pesto.
- Fill in pesto mix inside the slit of all the pieces and then coat them with the with the yellow marinate.
- Heat the refined oil in pan and sear the marinated paneer pieces evenly on both sides to get golden brown colour.
- Once done, take off paneer from pan and serve hot with chutney.
Image Courtesy Chef Manish Mehrotra
Also Read: These Almond Upma Hash Browns Will Change Your Game!