If you’re having a bad day, we think this healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe will make your day.
With so much happening all around the world, and the dreaded work-from-home situation that we’re all stuck in, we need a mental break along with a treat. What’s better than delish and healthy (for those who are health conscious) choco chip cookies? Follow this recipe from bakewithshivesh.com to elevate your mood!
½ cup ghee
½ cup jaggery powder/ coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp cornflour
¼ cup milk
½ cup chocolate chips
Sea salt, to top
- Place the ghee and jaggery powder in a medium-sized bowl. Mix really well until the mixture becomes slightly light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and combine well together.
- Add all the dry ingredients – the whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and cornflour – and mix well until the cookie dough reaches a coarse consistency.
- Add the milk and bring everything together.
- Once the cookie dough is ready, let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the cookie dough is resting, preheat the oven to 180° Celsius.
- Once the cookie dough has rested, use a medium-sized ice cream scoop to scoop out similar portions of cookie dough and place them on a baking sheet on your baking tray. Flatten the dough balls a little and top them with the chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once the cookies are out of the oven, sprinkle some sea salt on top and let them cool completely.
Tips To Remember
- Using an ice cream scoop helps you get perfectly round cookies of the same size.
- Always maintain an even space between the cookie dough balls on the baking tray because they will expand while baking.
- Store your cookies in an airtight container to make sure they don’t lose their freshness and texture.
- If you have extra cookie dough, you can freeze it for up to two months.
Also see: 3 eggless desserts from Shivesh Bhatia