SERVINGS 1 serving
With the festive season still on and the winter around the corner, home parties are bound to become more common! Akshay Mungekar, Mixologist at Rahasya Vodka, shares a few easy yet ‘hat ke’ recipes for you to up your mixing game!
Prep time: 15 minutes + 1 day for shrub
60 ml pepper vodka
20 ml strawberry rosemary shrub (see note below)
100 ml tonic water
Fresh strawberries and rosemary sprig for garnishing
1. Place the ice in a highball glass.
2. Pour the vodka and strawberry rosemary shrub in it and stir.
3. Top up with tonic water.
4. Garnish with rosemary and strawberry
For The Pepper Vodka
1. Infuse 300 ml of vodka with a teaspoon of lightly-crushed black peppercorns.
2. Let it infuse for three days.
For The Strawberry Rosemary Shrub
½ cup strawberries, halved
½ cup sugar (granulated preferred)
1-2 springs fresh rosemary
½ cup red wine vinegar
Mix the strawberries with the sugar well, so that the sugar dissolving process begins. Add in finely chopped rosemary and let it stay overnight until the sugar dissolves. After that, add the red wine vinegar and set it aside for two hours. Strain and refrigerate. It will stay refrigerated for a week. In case you can’t find red wine vinegar, cider vinegar can be used.
Prep time: 15 minutes
60 ml vodka
120 ml tender coconut water
Fresh coconut chunks for garnishing
1. In a highball glass, place the ice and pour the vodka over it.
2. Add coconut water and stir well.
3. Garnish with coconut chunks and enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
60 ml chilli vodka
20 ml kokum coriander shrub (see note below)
15 ml lemon juice
90 ml tonic water
A pinch black salt
Dried kokum, mint sprig or lemon wedge for garnishing.
1. In a highball glass place the ice and pour the vodka, lemon juice and kokum coriander shrub over it. Stir.
2. Top it up with tonic water.
3. Garnish with dried kokum or lemon slice and serve.
For The Chilli Vodka
1. Infuse 300 ml of vodka with one chopped green chilli.
2. Let it infuse for three hours.
For The Kokum Coriander Shrub
2 tbsp fresh (wet) kokum
½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
100 gm sugar, granulated preferred
75 ml rice vinegar
1. In a bowl, mix the fresh kokum and coriander with the sugar.
2. Leave it overnight until the sugar dissolves.
3. Add the rice vinegar and set aside for two hours
4. Strain and refrigerate. It will stay, refrigerated, for a week.
Images courtesy: Rahasya Vodka
Also Read: Throwing A Party? These Rum Cocktails Are Perfect Then