SERVINGS 4 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
2 cups wheat flour
2½ tbsp semolina
¼ cup roasted almond slivers
¼ cup roasted white sesame powder
¾ cup pure ghee
1½ tbsp besan
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
½ tsp green cardamom powder
1 tbsp roasted white sesame seeds
3 tbsp roasted whole almonds
1. Heat the ghee in a pan, add the semolina and wheat flour to it. Roast the mixture until it reaches the golden colour.
2. Mix the sugar and water in a pan and place it on the stove over low heat to cook. Stir and cook until a single string sugar syrup is achieved.
3. Pour the sugar syrup over the roasted wheat flour and semolina mixture in the pan. Add the green cardamom powder and mix it well.
4. Cook the mixture until it becomes a little dry to touch. Add the roasted almond flakes and ground white sesame seeds to the mixture and stir well. Ensure you mix well and turn off the heat.
5. Allow the mixture to cool. Mould a little of the mixture into a small cylindrical shape to make a pinni. Make the rest of the pinnis in a similar manner.
6. Spread the roasted white sesame seeds on a plate and gently roll the pinnis one by one in this plate to coat them with the sesame seeds.
7. Cut the roasted almond into halves and place one half it each of the pinnis.
Also Read: Easy Bread Karanjis For The Festive Season