SERVINGS 10-12 laddoos
Strawberry-flavoured Coconut Ladoos
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes: 10-12 laddoos
5 tbsp strawberry-flavoured syrup
1 tsp ghee
1 coconut, freshly grated
3 tbsp water
4 tbsp desiccated coconut for coating the laddoos
1. Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan over a medium flame. Ensure it does not get too hot.
2. Add in the freshly-grated coconut and stir to mix the ghee and the coconut. Cook until the rawness of the coconut is gone, and it is cooked to taste. This should take about five to seven minutes.
3. Once the coconut is fairly cooked, add in the strawberry syrup and mix it well. Immediately add in the water and mix again.
4. Continue cooking for a few minutes until the mixture comes together well and leaves the sides of the pan. This should take about six to seven minutes.
5. Once the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan, taste for sweetness and also check for consistency. You should have a texture that can be easily shaped into laddoos once it is cooler.
6. Turn off the heat and leave the mixture aside only for a few minutes so that it becomes slightly cooler and your palms can bear the heat from the mixture when you shape the laddoos.
7. Spread out the desiccated coconut in a shallow bowl so you can roll your laddoos easily in it.
8. Grease your palms with ghee and shape the laddoo mixture into the desired size of laddoos. Roll each laddoo in the desiccated coconut to coat it well.
Image courtesy Hershey India
Also Read: Try Chef Kunal Kapur’s Heart-healthy Recipes This Festive Season