We believe these vegan coffee recipes are sure to become a delicious part of your home coffee routine
Love coffee but willing to ring the changes on it? These vegan coffee recipes from Abdul Sahid Khan, Head Trainer, Lavazza India are sure to become part of your repertoire at home, and they will inspire you to try your own variations too.
The Vegan Boo (main image)
This relaxing cold beverage is a Caribbean-style vegan coffee mocktail with cinnamon spice, soy cream and butter rum.
6 to 8 ice cubes
45 ml espresso or Moka pot coffee
15 ml butter rum syrup
10 ml maple syrup + extra to rim glass
60 ml soy cream
Cinnamon sugar (see note)
- Place the ice cubes, coffee, and butter rum and maple syrups in a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Wipe the rim of your glass with a couple of drops of maple syrup, and then dip it into the cinnamon sugar.
- Strain and pour the contents over ice into your glass. Pour the soy cream over it slowly.
Note: To make cinnamon sugar, mix cinnamon powder and sugar in a 1:4 ratio.
Dolce Lavender Latte
This light latte with the sweet fragrance of lavender and the smooth taste of white chocolate makes a perfect hot coffee.
10 ml lavender syrup
15 g white chocolate
200 ml freshly-brewed strong French press coffee
Grated white chocolate
- Place the lavender syrup and white chocolate in a glass mug, add a little hot water, and allow the chocolate to melt completely. Mix well.
- Pour the freshly-brewed French coffee over the lavender-white chocolate mixture.
- Garnish with the whipped cream, grated white chocolate and a few drops of lavender syrup.
Vanilla Coffee Float
This is a simple coffee float recipe with a perfect combination of nutty and creamy flavours; fizzy bubbles add excitement.
4 to 5 ice cubes
1 scoop dairy-free vanilla ice cream
20 ml hazelnut syrup
45 ml freshly-brewed espresso or Moka pot coffee
150 ml club soda
- Place the ice cubes in a glass and add the dairy-free vanilla ice cream and hazelnut syrup.
- Pour the freshly-brewed coffee over.
- Top the glass with soda until full.
Date Light Smoothie
This delicious and nutritious smoothie is sweet but with no extra sugar.
45 ml espresso or Moka pot coffee, cooled
1 banana, peeled and sliced
2 dates, deseeded
15 to 20 ml maple syrup
100 ml almond milk
4 to 6 ice cubes
- Blend the coffee, banana, dates, maple syrup and almond milk until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, and serve garnished with banana slices, broken cashew nuts or chopped walnuts.
Recipes and images: Lavazza India
Also Read: Spilling The Beans On Coffee In India