Arguing with someone is not a good way for communication. But it turns out you are going to argue because we all have differences of opinion. And we all have a hard time accepting that from time to time. It is okay to express your opinion but mind your words and tone. As you are going to regret the whole thing once you get back to senses and start to think rationally.
If it is something inevitable, why not try to learn the ways to maintain your sanity after you have a Words battle with somebody.
- Have a Shower. Just dwell yourself into all the melodrama possible. Cry, be dramatic, exaggerate your opinions, think about all the great comebacks you could have said in the argument but missed.
- Have a meal that you love eating. Nothing in this world is more comforting and pleasurable than Food. Hop onto your guilty pleasures. Put on some movie or great music to add more into it.
- Reflect. It is going to happen anyways. So why not use it for the better. After you have convinced yourself that you were right, rewind the whole thing just to know why he was wrong; and I assure you, you are going to find that the other person was not wrong. You both just didn't have the patience to listen first then speak.
- Keep your ego aside. Life is too short to hold onto grudges. Seek for the person you ranted your thoughts on and talk to them like a civil. Don't wait thinking they are not coming to me. Why should I go first?
- Don't try to make sense. You already went into a verbal fight in an effort to that. Pour your heart out and let them do the same thing. I assure you, you guys will realize how stupid you were this whole time. And if you are luck, that' all you are going to remember about that argument. About how it 'ended'.
Always remember we always get into an argument when we are being our honest best. To encapsulate it better, I would like to borrow words from the movie 'Lust Stories'- "You don't hurt the people you love; intentionally you don't. But you always hurt people you love. You can't hurt somebody you don't love". Nothing I have heard before which was that blunt and apt.
Keep this in mind, always say what you mean, but don't say it mean.
Next Story : 5 Fun Things To Do Instead Of Popping Your Pimple